The Faculty of Foreign Languages of Ogarev Mordovia State University (Saransk, Russian Federation) is the leading language training center in Russia’s Republic of Mordovia. The Faculty provides highly qualified teaching staff, as well as facilities and modern equipment necessary for effective scientific and educational activities.
The Faculty is a founder of several public organizations uniting teachers of foreign languages in the Republic of Mordovia, such as:
- Mordovia English Language Teachers' Association (MorELTA) – a branch of the National Association of Teachers of English in Russia (NATE);
- Mordovian Republican Society of the German Language and Culture – a collective member of the International Association of Teachers of German (IDV – Internationale Deutschlehrerverband);
- Saransk City Society of the French Language and Culture ‘Alliance’ based at the Faculty’s Department of Roman Philology.
The Faculty is an associate member of the Union of Translators of Russia.
The Faculty offers various short-term courses in Russian as a foreign language.
The Faculty of Foreign Languages of Ogarev Mordovia State University trains both full-time and part–time students in the following degree programmes:
- 45.03.02 "Linguistics" (Bachelor's degree programme, 4-year curriculum), profiles: "Theory and Methodology of Teaching Foreign Languages and Cultures" and "Translation and Translation Studies";
- 44.03.01 "Pedagogical Education" (Bachelor's degree programme, 4-year curriculum), profile "Foreign Language (English)";
- 45.05.01 "Translation and Translation Studies" (Specialist's degree programme, 5-year curriculum), specialization "Linguistic Support of Interstate Relations".
The Faculty students master 2 mandatory foreign languages (English, German, French, Spanish, or Chinese), a 3rd foreign language (Italian, Finnish, or Arabic) is optional.
The Faculty also offers Master's degree programme 45.04.01 "Philology" for both full-time and part-time students in the following profiles:
- "Foreign Languages (Language Support of International Sports and Cultural Events)";
- "Foreign Languages (for External Economic Activities)";
- "Foreign Languages (Theory and Practice of Teaching Foreign Languages in Higher Education)";
- "Foreign Languages (Scientific Foundations of General and Professional Linguodidactics)";
- "Translation Studies and Translation Practice (Romanic and Germanic Languages)".
The Faculty teachers provide language training at all the faculties and institutes of Ogarev Mordovia State University within the framework of Bachelor's, Specialist's, Master's degree and postgraduate programmes.